What happens if a post gets a gazillion comments? Do I get a gazillion emails?
Replyable is smart about not flooding your inbox with email. We've built in comment throttling to be sure nobody joins a conversation and wakes up to 50 emails. Here's how.
If you are using the free version or are on the Conversation Starter or Daily Discourse plans.
- If comments on a post start to take off (in the order of 6 or more comments in an hour) we’ll pause subscriptions for everyone involved.
- Instead of sending the 7th (and 8th, 9th, etc) comment we instead send a heads up email alerting the subscriber that things are getting out of hand so we are pausing their subscription.
- After subscriptions have been paused direct replies will still be sent to users.
- If and when the subscriber wants to jump back into the conversation they can reply to the pause email. We’ll then send them a summary of everything they missed. They can then reply to add another comment.
If you are using the Max Engagement plan.
When a post is first published, any new comments will be delivered as soon as they are published.
- If the conversation takes off (more than a few comments within a 12 hour period) Replyable will batch send new comments once every 24 hours as a what's new email. This is called Digest mode.
- When Digest mode is in place direct replies are still immediately sent to the person being replied to. This keeps the conversation going without bothering the larger group.
- If the post calms back down it may switch back into realtime sending.